Creating an External Link
This tutorial is specifically for those who want to upload a document such as a .pdf and then create a menu item in their website navigation that goes to the .pdf when clicked.
1. From your Pages List, click to EDIT any page. You will not be saving the edit so it does not matter what page you edit, we are just using the editor to upload your document to the server. Click the Insert/Edit Link tool icon. (see below)
2. A box will open and you will click the Upload tab (see below)
3. Click Browse to go to your file on your computer. (see below)
4. An Explorer window will open so you can navigate to the location of your file. Select it and click Open. (see below)
5. The Explorer window will disappear and your file name will be populated in the editor link box. Click Send it to the Server. (see below)
6. You will get a success message, Click OK. (see below)
7. The actual URL address of your now uploaded document will now be in the URL box, Copy that address to your clipboard and click OK. (see below)
IMPORTANT... DO NOT SUBMIT CHANGES. JUST CLICK THE PAGES TAB AT THE TOP OF THE EDITOR TO TAKE YOU BACK TO YOUR LIST OF PAGES.
8. Scroll to the bottom of your pages list and find the External Pages section. Click Add a Link. (see below)
9. Give your menu button a name (page title) and paste the URL you copied to your clipboard in step 7 above. (see below)
IMPORTANT, YOU WILL NEED TO ADD "http://" (without the quotes) IN FRONT OF THE PASTED TEXT TO MAKE THE LINK WORK.
Then click Sumit Changes and you are done.