Experienced and extensively trained professional mediator. Advanced Practitioner member Association for Conflict Resolution (was Approved Consultant, Academy of Family Mediators) and Academy of Professional Family Mediators. B.A., & J.D., University of Chicago. Founding member Academy of Professional Family Mediators. Founding member and officer of Collaborative Law Institute of Illinois. President of the Mediation Council of Illinois 1995-1999 and 2020-present.
President of Mediation Council of Illinois (1995-99); board member 1993-present; teach mediation at undergraduate and graduate level; have presented at local, state and national mediation conferences; offers mediation internship and assists in training new mediators.
I have mediated over 2,500 disputes over a period of 33 years of mediation practice. I have a full-time mediation practice.
I basically follow a broad, facilitative model of mediation, but adapt it to fit the particular circumstances presented.
J.D., University of Chicago, 1972; B.A., with Special Honors in Political Science, University of Chicago, 1969
Areas Of Practice
- Adult Family
- Agriculture & Ranching
- Civil (general)
- Divorce (all issues)
- Divorce (parenting)
- Estate Planning
- Faith Based
- Intellectual Property
- Land Use
- Marital Mediation
- Personal Injury
- Pet Mediation
- Professional Fees
- Real Estate
- Trust Management
- Advanced Mediation Trainer
- Collaborative Professional
- Communication Skills Trainer
- Conflict Coach
- Mediating Lawyer
- Mediation Consultant
- Mediation Trainer
- Parenting Coordinator
- Systems Designer
Fees and Provisos
$350 per hour. I mediate via Zoom and consequently mediate cases throughout the Chicago area and some downstate.
- Numerous basic and advanced trainings.
- AFCC - Assoc. of Family & Conciliation Courts
- ABA DR - ABA Section of DR
- MCI - Mediation Council of IL
- WAM - Wisconsin Assoc. of Mediators
- ACR - Assoc. for Conflict Resolution
- IACP - International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- AFM AP - ACR Acad. Family Mediators AP
- APFM - Acad. of Professional Family Mediators
Publications & Presentations
- Preparing Clients for Family Mediation, Lake County Bar Association Docket, 2022