New York State Council on Divorce Mediation
- The Council is a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting the highest professional standards of divorce mediation through training and ongoing education to professionals.
- Among our services to the community, the Council works actively to promote family wellness by increasing public awareness of mediation as the preferred process for divorce because it gives families control over their futures.
- The Council defines family however YOU define family, so we work with ALL families.
- The Council has hundreds of divorce mediators and allied professionals (financial neutrals, mental health pros, etc.) among our members, throughout New York State, who can be found in our online Find-A-Mediatior Directory.
- Proudly in 2023, we are Celebrating our 40th Anniversary, which is possible due to the wonderful community created by our dedicated family of mediators.
- Divorce Mediation:
– is a voluntary settlement process used by married couples who want to divorce, and by domestic partners who want to separate.
– gives couples the option to plan their futures rationally, in an atmosphere of cooperation and mutual respect.
– enables a neutral divorce mediator to help you reach an agreement that is custom-made for your family, your finances and your future.
– provides a cost-saving and time-saving way to reach agreements.
Use our Find A Mediator Directory to speak with a divorce mediator near you. https://www.nysmediate.org/find-a-mediator#/
Areas Of Practice
- Divorce (all issues)
- Divorce (parenting)
- Estate Planning
- Non Profits
- Online Family/Divorce
- Online Mediation
- Real Estate
- Advanced Mediation Trainer
- Certified Divorce Financial Analyst
- Collaborative Professional
- Conflict Coach
- Estate Planner
- Mediating Lawyer
- Mediation Consultant
- Mediation Trainer
- Parenting Coordinator
- Representational Lawyer