This Week in Mediation #807
December 11, 2019 - Holiday Specials
Celebrating Our 24th Year Membership information
|In This Issue:
Don’t Rely on Peer Mediation to Resolve Bullying in Schools • Thoughts on the Singapore Convention • New Horizon for International Commercial Mediation: The Singapore Convention • This I Believe • Mediation News • Job Postings • Events Calendar • Blogs
|Don’t Rely on Peer Mediation to Resolve Bullying in Schools|
by Charity Burke
One way schools can equip students with the skills to address conflict is through peer mediation.
|Thoughts on the Singapore Convention|
by Daniel Rainey
The Singapore Convention parallels the New York Convention for Arbitration by legitimizing mediation as a dispute resolution method for international commercial transactions.
|PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP & FEATURED PLACEMENT HOLIDAY OFFEERS|
20% Off Holiday Offer: Join Mediate.com as a Premium Member and/or become a Featured Mediator at Mediate.com for 20% off! See: www.mediate.com/Services. OFFER ENDS DECEMBER 18.
|New Horizon for International Commercial Mediation: The Singapore Convention|
by Stanley Satire
The fundamental concept of the Convention began in 1958 with the signing of the New York Convention. That concept is the obligation of contracting nation states to give effect to private agreements emerging from alternative dispute resolution.
|This I Believe |
by Eric Anderson
I am willing to respect you even though I might not admire or look up to you for the accomplishments you are credited with.
|MEDIATE UNIVERSITY - 20% OFF EVERY COURSE THIS WEEK! |
December Holiday Special: All Mediate University's online courses are 20% or more off if ordered by December 18 at: www.Mediate.com/University. And note our best selling specials:
|FEATURED MEDIATION BLOGSRead All Featured Blogs
|CASELOAD MANAGER: #1 Case Management Platform for Mediation, Ombuds & ODR|
Caseload Manager is now used by over 150 mediation, ombuds and ODR programs, including 5 statewide systems, NASA, the International Monetary Fund (IMF), International Red Cross, and ICANN itself! See our Representative Clients and arrange for your personal tour of Caseload Manager today!
|MEDIATION IN TODAY'S NEWS
|JUST IN TIME FOR THE HOLIDAYS: GIFTS FOR MEDIATORS!
|JOBS (for Premium Members) Post New Job Listings|
Read All Jobs
- Professional Divorce Mediator - AZ
- Restorative Justice in Education Facilitator - IN
- Restorative Mediation and Facilitation Practitioner - IN
- Assistant ADR Admin - CA
- Circuit Mediator - CA
- Facilitation Mediation Specialist - NV
- Human Resources Specialist - WA
- Mediator - Locations vary
- Case Manager / General Manager - NV
|Save the Date for IOA Annual Conference 2020 - March 30 – April 1, 2020 in Portland, Oregon|
The IOA annual conference serves as the premier venue to promote ombuds awareness, increase individual knowledge, and enhance professional skills. The annual conference features keynote and plenary speakers, workshops, presentations, and panel discussions to address a conference theme and provides countless opportunities for connection and engagement. Register here
|TRAINING AND CONFERENCE CALENDAR|
- December 9-13 - Baltimore MD - December 40-Hour Basic Mediation & Conflict Transformation Skills Training
- December 9-13 - Tucson AZ - 42-Hour Mediation Training
- December 10-13 - Gatineau QB CANADA - Conflict Management Coaching Workshop (French)
- December 16-18 - Austin Area TX - 30 Hour Advanced Mediation Training
- January 7-9 - Hauppauge NY - Mediation Training - Live
- January 16-18 - Toronto ON Canada - Learn to Meet & Interview Children for ADR: 12 Step VCR (Reports)
- January 17 - Phoenix AZ - Second Annual Schiefelbein Global Dispute Resolution Conference
- January 20-23 - San Antonio TX - Basic Mediation 40 Hour 4-Day Course
- January 23-27 - Rockville MD - 40-Hour Basic Divorce Mediation Training
- January 28-31 - Dallas TX - Basic Mediation 40 Hour 4-Day Course
- January 29-February 1 - Houston TX - Basic Mediation Training in Houston’s Uptown-Galleria
Editors: Jim Melamed and Clare Fowler. We welcome comments and feedback. Send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage you to write an article for This Week in Mediation. Please review our submission guidelines.
This Week in Mediation is distributed to over 17,000 opt-in mediators and ADR professionals. You can include a 100-word newsletter announcement in This Week in Mediation with a headline, link and contact information for $499. There is no faster or better way to reach the mediation and ADR fields. More information is here.