This Week in Mediation #842
August 11, 2020 - OUR 25TH YEAR!
|In This Issue:
Mediate.com's 25th Anniversary Online Conference • Seven Keys to Unlock Mediation's Golden Age - Table of Contents • Communication More Important Than Ever • Mediation During the Coronavirus: Putting Things in Perspective • Colin Rule and the Rise of Online Dispute Resolution • It’s Time for India to Move Online! • Mediation Practice in India: An Ineffective Regime • Mediation News • Job Postings • Events Calendar • Blogs
|Mediate.com's 25th Anniversary Online Conference
"Mediation 20/20: Navigating Mediation's Best Future" is the theme of Mediate.com's 25th Anniversary Online Conference taking place September 30 to October 2, 2020. This conference is both a focused think-tank conference dedicated to defining the best courses for mediation's continued growth and a celebration of Mediate.com's first 25 years. Note the posting of Mediate.com's Top 101 Videos and the complete Seven Keys to Mediation's Golden Age, now including video interviews with nearly 40 authors. Early Registration ends August 31.
|Seven Keys to Unlock Mediation's Golden Age - Table of Contents
Mediate.com is proud to publish "Seven Keys to Unlock Mediation’s Golden Age" and to offer this convenient Table of Contents for accessing all 25 original "Keys" articles and accompanying videos. Special thanks to Michael Leathes, Manon Schonewille and Clare Fowler for leading this important project!
|Communication More Important Than Ever
by John Sturrock
What does one say which has any meaning at a time like this?
|Mediation During the Coronavirus: Putting Things in Perspective
by Kathleen Young
Learn about a cyclist's positive perspective during Covid-19. Mediation provides a place for clients to gain perspective and, eventually, resolution.
|Mediating Online: Family & Divorce Training - September 14-25
This training is for experienced family mediators interested in most capably extending your practice online. Presenters: Jim Melamed, Clare Fowler, Michael Aurit and Colin Rule. Two-hour live course modules are presented each weekday from noon - 2 pm Eastern; 9 am - 11 am Pacific. If you need to miss a live session, that recording is available the next morning. This course qualifies as the core 20-hour online mediation course required for Mediate.com Online Family Mediator Certification. 20 CLE/CEU hour credits, including 2 hours Ethics and 1 hour domestic violence training. Full information is here.
|Colin Rule and the Rise of Online Dispute Resolution
This article from Harvard's "The Practice," shines a light on ODR and its evolution using Colin Rule’s career as a guide. In building ODR systems for the world’s largest online marketplace and for court systems across the country, Rule’s career offers a window through which to observe and understand the larger ODR movement—a movement that is all the more important as the world grapples with the continued impacts of COVID-19.
|NEW: Become A FEATURED ONLINE MEDIATOR
This is the perfect time to become a Featured Online Mediator at Mediate.com. With your Featured Online Mediator Placement, your name and practice information are displayed at the top of every page of Mediate.com for every visitor from your area code(s)! Positioning is awarded on a first come, first served basis. Full information is here: www.mediate.com/Direct.
|It’s Time for India to Move Online!
by R. Abhishek
ODR is the use of technology and the internet to foster the effectiveness and efficiency of the dispute resolution process.
|Mediation Practice in India: An Ineffective Regime
by Sandhya Swaminathan
The reality of mediation practice in India is in stark contrast to mediation taught in theory.
|MEDIATE UNIVERSITY - 6 Month Access!
|FEATURED MEDIATION BLOGS
Read All Featured Blogs
|CASELOAD MANAGER: #1 Case Management Platform for Mediation, Ombuds & ODR
Caseload Manager is the proven secure cloud-based case management system for Mediation, Ombuds and ODR programs and practices. Caseload Manager is used by over 170 mediation, ombuds and ODR programs, including 5 statewide systems, NASA, the International Monetary Fund (IMF), the International Red Cross, and ICANN! See our Representative Clients and arrange for a personal tour of Caseload Manager today!
|MEDIATION IN TODAY'S NEWS
READ ALL MEDIATION NEWS
|JOBS (for Premium Members) Post New Job Listings
Read All Jobs
- ADR Case Manager - Clayton County
- Mediation Coordinator - OR
- Fellows Program - NY
|TRAINING AND CONFERENCE CALENDAR
- August 13 - Salem VA - Become a Better Listener: Understanding, Trust, and Connection through Deep Listening
- August 14 - ONLINE CA - Civility and Culture in the Public Sphere
- August 18-29 - ONLINE FL - Florida Supreme Court Certified Family Mediation Training
- August 18-21 - Fairfax VA - Mediation Skills and Process
- August 21 - Online CA - Apology, Forgiveness and Reconciliation
- August 27 - November 12 - ONLINE CA - Conflict Management Certificate Program (Professional Development)
- August 27 - ONLINE - Managing Difficult Conversations: How to Make them Less Difficult
- August 28 - ONLINE TX - Arbitration Training ONLINE with ZOOM: live and interactive
- September 8-18 - ONLINE FL - Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit Civil Mediation Training Program
- September 8-17 - ONLINE - Mosten/Guthrie 40 Hour Family & Divorce Mediation Training
- September 10-15 - ONLINE TX - Basic Mediation Training ZOOM LIVE and INTERACTIVE
- September 14-25 - ONLINE - Mediate.com's Mediating Divorce and Family Agreement Online
- September 14-22 - ONLINE - International Family Mediation Training
- September 14-18 - Macon GA - Civil Mediation Training & Practicum
- September 15-18 - Dallas TX - Basic Mediation Training (40 Hours)
- September 16 - San Francisco CA - Mediation Practitioner Training Series: Increasing Effective Communication
- September 16 - ONLINE - Your Brain on Conflict!
- September 18-19 - ONLINE TX - Parenting Coordination and Facilitation Training
- September 30 - October 2 - ONLINE - "Mediation 20/20" - Mediate.com 25th Anniversary Conference
- October 1-4 - San Francisco CA - The Basics of Mediation
- October 5-8 - Toronto ON Canada - Conflict Management Coaching Workshop
Editors: Jim Melamed and Clare Fowler. We welcome comments and feedback. Send your comments to email@example.com. We encourage you to write an article for This Week in Mediation.
Please review our submission guidelines. This Week in Mediation is distributed to over 22,000 opt-in mediators and ADR professionals.
You can include a 100-word newsletter announcement in This Week in Mediation with a headline, link and contact information for $499. There is no faster or better way to reach the mediation and ADR fields. More information is here.