This Week in Mediation #667
February 21, 2017
Celebrating Our 22nd Year Membership information
|In This Issue:
Can We Call a Truce? Ten Tips for Negotiating Workplace Conflicts • Conflict Coaching • Collaborative Parenting Can Mend the Divide • Is Divorce The Real Target? • Bullying y Prevención • Mediation News • Job Postings • Events Calendar • Blogs
|Can We Call a Truce? Ten Tips for Negotiating Workplace Conflicts |
by Jeffrey Krivis
Whether two employees are fighting or a disgruntled client is on the verge of leaving, you—yes, you—can step in and help solve the problem. Here are some tricks of the trade.
by Robin Amadei
This article defines conflict coaching, describes areas in which conflict coaching can be used, and illustrates an example of how a conflict coaching process might proceed.
|Collaborative Parenting Can Mend the Divide|
by Dr. Lynne C. Halem
Professionals writing about divorce too often reinforce parental fears by recounting, even exacerbating the negative consequences of divorce.
|New Website Badges for Mediate Members and Certified Mediators|
Mediate,com now offers membership and certification website badges for you to confirm your affiliation with Mediate.com. You will see a new "Section 14" in your Directory Control Panel that includes your individual code to confirm your Premium Membership and Certification for all your website visitors.
|Is Divorce The Real Target? |
by Armand and Robbin DAlo
When the fire of love feels dead or the threat of divorce is put on the table what is really happening?
|Bullying y Prevención |
by Larisa Varisco Puerta & Sandra Domine
Al hablar de bullying y acoso escolar en general, siempre suele hacerse referencia a los maltratos efectuados y recibidos entre pares, o incluso de alumnos hacia profesores.
|International Ombuds Assoc Conference April 23-26 in Minneapolis|
IOA's Annual Conference is a great way to network and learn from other ombuds from all around the world. We have an outstanding program this year including: 36 concurrent sessions; 3 keynote speeches; 2 plenary sessions; Volunteer Recognition and First-time Attendees Luncheons; An opportunity to hear from the IOA Board of Directors and ask questions; Time to connect with others in your ombuds practice sector; The compelling Pecha Kucha presentation; and much, much more... Register here.
Featured Mediation Blogs
Read All Featured Blogs|
|Get More Cases with Featured Mediator Placement|
Our much improved "Featured Mediator Placement" puts your picture, name and website at the top of every page of Mediate.com for every visitor from your area code. Local visitors do not need to search for you. We just put you right where they cannot miss you! Full information is here.
|This Week’s Mediation News (read & search News at: www.mediate.com/Today)
Read All News
- Mediation for $27 million lawsuit against City of Ukiah set for May
A long-awaited mediation session has been scheduled between the City of Ukiah and the Ukiah Valley Sanitation District. While the mediation itself would be confidential, any potential settlement would “have to be vetted publicly, and discussed publicly, before it would approved by either the city council or the board of the district.”
- Oxnard church allegations headed for mediator
Allegations of misuse of funds and other issues spurring a battle for control at Ventura County's oldest African-American church will be sifted through by a mediator, according to a vote of members at St. Paul Baptist Church.
- Lawsuit against City of Guelph resolved through mediation
A wrongful dismissal lawsuit against the City of Guelph by a former chief building inspector has been resolved through mediation. Bruce Poole had been seeking $1 million after he felt he was wrongfully fired in 2015. It is not known how much the settlement was.
- Missouri cops struggle with mental health crisis mediation
Her adopted son threatening suicide, a desperate Charlene McCarroll summoned law enforcement the night of April 17, 2015. St. Louis County police pulled up within minutes. Three-and-a-half hours later, Thaddeus McCarroll was dead.
- Media oppose mediation proposal for public records
A Colorado bill that would allow those who request public records and the records custodian to mediate a solution is opposed by several agencies who serve as watchdogs for the public interest.
|Caseload Manager is #1 Case Managment System for Mediation Programs!|
Caseload Manager can flexibly be sized and priced for any size of mediation program. Full information is at www.CaseloadManager.com. Schedule your personal tour today!
|Jobs (for Premium Members) Post New Job Listings
Read All Jobs
- Case Administrator - CA
- Program Coordinator - MA
- ADR Claims Examiner - FL
- Labor Standards Manager - WY
- Fair Employment Mediator - CA
- CASA Program Director - ID
- Resource Center Director - IL
- Case Coordinator - CA
- Magistrate - NC
|Online Mediation Education, CLE & CEU |
Affordable mediation training and continuing education opportunities from Mediate.com are at: www.mediate.com/University.
|Training & Conference Calendar
Visit Complete Calendar
- February 22-23 - Austin, TX - Elder Care Mediation Class
- February 23-26 - San Diego, CA - Looking for a new approach to family law
- February 24-25 - San Antonio, TX - TAM 2017 Professional Development for Mediators
- February 25-28 - Austin, TX - 8 Hour Communicating Success/Cultural Awareness and Sensitivity Training
- February 27-March 3 - Macon, GA - Domestic & Family Mediation Training
- February 28-March 1 - Berkeley, CA - Negotiating Effective Environmental Agreements with Scott McCreary and Meredith Cowart
- March 1-5 - Santa Rosa, CA - Working Creatively with Conflict - Basic 40-hour
- March 1-9 - Topsham, ME - 40-hour Mediation Training
- March 1-10 - Medford, OR - Fundamentals of Mediation Training
- March 1-10 - San Rafael, CA - 40-hour Mediation Training with Steven Rosenberg
- March 2 - April 6 - Online - Spring 2017 CINERGY Conflict Management Coaching Virtual Training
- March 3-12 - Santa Fe, NM - 40-hour Basic Mediation Training
- March 5-April 1 - San Francisco, CA - Ron's Mediator Certificate Training at BASF
- March 7 - New York, NY - Neuroscience in Mediation and Negotiation
- March 7-9 - Colorado Springs, CO - Optimize Your Mediation Career
- March 9-13 - Kensington, MD - 40-hour Divorce Mediation Training
- March 10-18 - Santa Monica, CA - Ken Cloke Mediation Training
- March 11 - Colorado Springs, CO - Interested in Becoming a Mediator?
- March 13-16 - Stephenville, TX - Basic Mediation Training
- March 14-16 - Colorado Springs, CO - Conflict Coaching Training - 24 hrs
- March 21-29 - New York, NY - Basic Mediation Training: Conflict Resolution Theory and Techniques
- March 23-24 - San Rafael, CA - Advanced Mediation Training with Steven Rosenberg
- March 23-24 - Oconomowoc, WI - Wisconsin Association of Mediators Emerging Issues Conference
- March 23-24 - 23rd Annual Northwest Dispute Resolution Conference - March 23-24, 2017 in Seattle
- March 27-31 - San Rafael, CA - Essentials of Mediation and Divorce Mediation
Editors: Jim Melamed and Clare Fowler. We welcome comments and feedback. Send your comments to email@example.com.
We encourage you to write an article for This Week in Mediation. Please review our submission guidelines.
This Week in Mediation is distributed to over 23,000 opt-in mediators and ADR professionals. You can include a 100-word newsletter announcement in This Week in Mediation with a headline, link and contact information for $499. There is no faster or better way to reach the mediation and ADR fields. More information is here.