This Week in Mediation #674
April 19, 2017
Celebrating Our 22nd Year Membership information
|In This Issue:
Bullying in the Workplace: How to Respond Effectively • Family Justice Reform in British Columbia and the Northern Navigator Initiative: A Preliminary Review • Interview with James Alfini • Mediation News • Job Postings • Events Calendar • Blogs
|Special Note: See Mediate.com THIS WEEK at the ABA Section for DR Conference in San Francisco and at the International Association of Ombuds (IOA) Conference in Minneapolis!
|Bullying in the Workplace: How to Respond Effectively|
by Alan Sharland
This article explores the concept of bullying in the workplace and how to respond to it more effectively.
|Family Justice Reform in British Columbia and the Northern Navigator Initiative: A Preliminary Review|
by Nicole Garton
This paper looks at the problem of diminishing access to family justice in British Columbia from a court users perspective, and the interplay of dispute system design and culture in terms of helps and hindrances to these innovation efforts.
|Interview with James Alfini |
This is the complete interview by Robert Benjamin with James Alfini, long-time professor of dispute resolution at Northern Illinois University, filmed as part of the Mediate.com 'Views from the Eye of the Storm' Video Series.
|Caseload Manager Webinar - This Thursday, April 20th, 9am Pacific, 12pm Eastern|
Why are so many Community Mediation Centers using Caseload Manager? Why has NAFCM endorsed Caseload Manager? This 30 minute webinar will include a live demonstration and include time for questions. Register here.
|Comparative Data on Mediation Websites|
What are the most "linked in" and visited mediation websites?
|Mediate.com Recognized as a Top Attorney Directory!|
Now celebrating our 22nd year, Mediate.com has been recognized as a "Top Attorney Directory." Mediate.com is the overall 8th ranked attorney directory for SEO benefits, and the only mediation or ADR directory listed!
|Featured Mediation Blogs
Read All Featured Blogs
|Get More Mediation Cases with Featured Mediator Placement|
Featured Mediator Placement puts your picture, name and website at the top of every page of Mediate.com for every visitor from your area code! We put you up top, where the right people can't miss you! Full information is here.
|This Week’s Mediation News (read & search News at: www.mediate.com/Today)
Read All News
|Caseload Manager is #1 Case Managment System for Mediation and Ombuds Programs!|
Caseload Manager can flexibly be sized and priced for any size of mediation or ombuds program. Full information is at www.CaseloadManager.com. Schedule your personal tour today!
|Jobs (for Premium Members) Post New Job Listings
Read All Jobs
- Mediator - UT
- Mediation Office Manager - CA
- Case Administrator - RI
- Executive Director - KS
- Restorative Justice Specialist, Community Based - OR
- Foreclosure Mediation Specialist - CA
- Legal Assistant with Mediation - MD
- Labor Relations Director - MN
- Director of Student Conduct - NC
- Conflict Resolution Assistant Director - IL
- Assistant ADR Director - KY
- Mediator - CA
- Executive Director - MD
- Ombuds Admin - NY
- Magistrate - NC
|Online Mediation Education, CLE & CEU |
Affordable mediation training and continuing education opportunities from Mediate.com are at: www.mediate.com/University.
|Request for Proposals: CADRE’s 7th National Symposium on Dispute Resolution in Special Education - October 18-20, 2017 - Eugene, Oregon|
CADRE, the National Center on Dispute Resolution in Special Education, is seeking proposals to present at Restoring Focus on the Child: CADRE’s Seventh National Symposium on Dispute Resolution in Special Education. Proposals must be received by email by April 21, 2017 to be considered. Full info at: www.cadreworks.org.
|Training & Conference Calendar
Visit Complete Calendar
- April 19-May 6 - Santa Ana, CA - 40-hour Basic Mediation Training
- April 19-22 - San Francisco, CA - ABA Section for DR Spring Conference
- April 19-21 - Colorado Springs, CO - Elder Care Mediation Training
- April 20-21 - Dallas area, TX - 20 hour Chip Protective Services Mediation Training
- April 20-24 - Kensington, MD - 40-hour Basic Mediation Training
- April 21-26 - Minneapolis, MN - International Ombudsman Association (IOA) Annual Conference
- April 21-22 - Harrisburg, PA - Practice Challenges in Mediation
- April 22-May 13 - Monroe Township, NJ - 40-hour Divorce Mediation Training NJ
- April 22 - Colorado Springs, CO - Interested in Becoming a Mediator?
- April 24-27 - Austin area, TX - 40 hour Basic Mediation Training
- April 25-27 - Colorado Springs, CO - Restorative Justice Training 24 hrs
- April 27-28 - Redondo Beach, CA - 2 Day Basic Interdisciplinary Collaborative Training
- April 28 - Des Plaines, IL - Powerful Non-Defensive Communication for Collaborative Professionals
- April 28 - Miami, FL - 8 hr Advanced Mediation Training
- May 1-5 - Macon, GA - General Civil Mediation Training & Practicum
- May 1-5 - Denver, CO - 40 hr. Basic Mediation Training
- May 1-5 - New York, NY - Employment Law and Workplace Mediation Training
- May 2 - Medford, OR - Facilitating Five-Star Meetings
- May 3-5 - Newton, MA - Elder (Adult Family) Mediation Training
- May 3-5 - Orlando, FL - IDFA National Conference
- May 4-6 - Roanoke, VA - Basic Mediation Skills and Conflict Resolution
- May 4-7 - San Antonio, TX - 40 hr. Basic Mediation Course
- May 5 - Orlando, FL - Pro Se Divorce Mediation Workshop
- May 7 - Orlando, FL - Pro Se Divorce Mediation
- May 9-11 - Colorado Springs, CO - Faith Conciliation Training - 24 hrs
- May 9 - St. Petersburg, FL - What business owners need to know about ADR
- May 12 - New York, NY - Securities Arbitration & Mediation Hot Topics 2017
- May 12-13 - Greenfield, MA - Facilitation Training
- May 15-22 - Dallas, TX - 40-hr Basic Mediation Traning
- May 15-19 - Chicago, IL - Mediation Skills Training Certificate Program
- May 16-20 - Los Angeles, CA - Mediating Commerical & Litigation Cases with Lee Jay Berman
- May 18-23 - Portland, ME - Certificate Program in Mediation
- May 19-21 - Kensignton, MD - 20-hr. Child Access Mediation Training
- May 19 - Salt Lake City, UT - 19th Annual UCCR Symposium
- May 19 - Boston, MA - 1st Annual Dispute Resolution Symposium
- May 19-20 - Vancouver, WA - Cultivating a Satisfying & Profitable Peacemaking Practice with Forrest "Woody" Mosten
- May 22-24 - Dallas, TX - 30-jr Advanced Mediation Training
- May 23-24 - Belleville, MI - Elder Mediation Training
- May 25 - New Brunswick, NJ - 6-hr Divorce Mediation Supplement to 40-hr Training
Editors: Jim Melamed and Clare Fowler. We welcome comments and feedback. Send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage you to write an article for This Week in Mediation. Please review our submission guidelines.
This Week in Mediation is distributed to over 23,000 opt-in mediators and ADR professionals. You can include a 100-word newsletter announcement in This Week in Mediation with a headline, link and contact information for $499. There is no faster or better way to reach the mediation and ADR fields. More information is here.