There are economic structures that are plausible alternatives that are shaping the world. The key drivers are the market: coercion and regulation, and community. The key goals are efficiency, security, and social cohesion. See figure:
What accommodations are going to have to be made to incorporate all these stories?
1. Free water/moderate cost energy is ending.
2. Technology is narrowing. New technologies will have to be created to change trends.
3. Climate change is affecting industrialized communities and natural resources are disappearing.
4. Social license to operate is going to become more of a critical element of corporate success. Do more green business.
5. Globalization is forcing greater interdependence.
6. Niche economies are developing where there are clusters of competition.
7. Distribution not growth is going to be the central issue with the North versus the South.
James Coben describes two sets of risks in training collaborative lawyers - coerciveness and becoming too collaborative, which may end up harming the client by being too costly.By James Coben